Wednesday 2 January 2019

The first bits and peices of 2019

A busy day painting , building and basing on the 1st day of the year gave me a  nice amount of wargaming goodness for at game at the club tonight ,again rules of engagement but this time the snow covered fields of Europe and the U.S infantry fighting those evil Nazis trying a sneak attack .Thought a Battle of the Bulge type scenario would be fun as at this time of year we always promise to take part in the battle of the belly bulge .My main infantry section was shown in my last post but much to my surprise (and hopefully my opponents ) I managed to build and paint 2 American vehicles a M10 and M8 ,I did both in a winter whitewash finish which I am quite chuffed with as its my first attempt at such a finish , the models were ok to build especially the M8 which was italeri it only took 30 mins to build, the M10 is warlord and as usual came with no instructions so had to trawl the internet to find some . I have also built and based a few plastic ruins from warlord games ,put them on pretty non descript bases ,hopefully representing burnt ground so they can pop up around the world in different time periods I have added little bits of rubble etc to the bases but not enough to stop figures being placed, also based a few winter trees I bought cheap on evil bay and finally 2 markers for Rules of Engagement to show how many hits the unit takes as the hits effect morale rather than the casualties so causing 10 hits but not actually killing anyone is devastating , the chaps on these are Blacktree designs , you dont need many as these as the effects are worked out at the end of each turn then the markers are removed .






No comments:

Post a Comment