Thursday 3 January 2019

Battle of the Bulge -rules of Engagement style

A ROE scenario based in the Ardennes was played last night at the club , a vicious little battle using the Hold the Line Scenrio ,the US troops managed to stay hidden which meant the Germans had to advance almost to my lines before they could engage us , lots of firing then took place my medic performed some sterling work and my LMG made mincemeat of a Brave german unit which made a dash for my HQ . The Germans looked the likely winners until a round of bad saving rolls took them to their breakpoint when victory was in their grasp ,another cracking game ,my next army to get out and complete will be my late war US Airborne  "Currahee"...   Figures as usual a mix of warlord and artizan ,panther is a corgi die cast and trucks from any scale mat by Urbanmatz
The baattlefield from the US perspective

The Germans advance and a us off table artillery shell lands 


The US HQ group and a LMG come out of hiding 

A panther creeps into view to be annoyed but not damaged by abrave Bazooka team 

The US start to take hits....

...but a gallent medic , the US commander and some decent dice rolls keep casualties  down 

so close yet so near this turn the germans came close to my HQ  but horrendous casualties broke them snatching defeat from the jaws of victory .

No comments:

Post a Comment