Friday 18 October 2019

Rhodesian Light Infantry and Eland 90

I finished painting my two sticks of RLI from Eureka UK ,beautiful miniatures which were a real joy to paint .The RLI were a whites only elite force that fought throughout the Rhodesiaan Bush war or Second Chimurenga or Zimbabwe war of Liberation depending whose side you were on ,they proved an hard and succesful unit seeking out and attacking the rebels from different factions not only in Rhodesia but in the many cross border actions that happened in this long conflict (1964-1979).When I saw these in the flesh (or lead) I ordered the full range so needed some support so ordered a Eland 90 from Butlers printed models ,The Eland was the South African version of the French AML .This is my first printed model and I am impressed , a bit rough on the surface but cleaned up nicely and half the price of the resin and metal versions on the market .
The printed model out of the box

a little work needed to smooth the barrel and wheels.

The Finished Eland 

The First Stick


The second Stick

Both units consist of a stick leader with Radio and Slr 2 troopers with Slr and agunner with an Fn Mag

3 comments:

  1. What scale is the Eland? I’ve been pondering some 3D printed models but would like to see one in the ‘flesh’ before I part with any money. Could you bring it along on Wednesday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its 1/56th but they do them in 1/48th 20mm and 15mm .tHINK THEY WILL DO ANY SCALE TO ORDER , If I am down I will bring it along

      Delete