Monday 29 June 2020

Ambush Alley Games -News

As you know I have always been a massive fan of Ambush Alley Games and proudly own all their books , after a bit of a break Shaun and Peggy are back and are doing quite a bit in the RPG area but have a new edition of my favourite modern game in the pipeline ,this below is from their face book page :

I’ve received multiple messages from friends of AAG asking about a new version of Force on Force or Tomorrow’s War. As I’ve said before, we have a revised engine completed (other than tinkering with vehicle combat) that we intended to release this year. I’d still like to release it this year, but there are some roadblocks. 

Rather than leave you all wondering about what’s going on behind the heavily tinted windows of stately AAG Towers, I think it’s time to share a “State of AAG” address. I encourage you to share this wherever and with whomever you deem appropriate.

Long story made short, I don’t have the financial means to publish a new book and I don’t know when I will. Covers, interior art, and layout aren’t cheap. Even if they were, I doubt I could afford them. I’ve been trying to improve my situation, but current events are making that challenging, to say the least.

The only way forward that I can see for a book containing the new AAG game engine is a Kickstarter. I frankly don’t know if we still have the level of support to successfully pull off a modest Kickstart. I know that the AAG group remains active, has lots of members, and adds more every day, so I think there’s some hope, but I’m not sure.

The book we have in the works contains all the core rules you need to run modern, near future, and science fiction games. If it did well, we’d consider following up with expansions and/or allowing fan-created sourcebooks.

So, I’ve been frank with you guys, now it’s your turn to be frank with me: Would you back a modest Kickstarter to cover the production costs of a new AAG rulebook?


If you would like this to happen let them know on their facebook page Ambush Alley games group 

1 comment: