Tuesday 20 August 2019

Clash Of Empires

With our recent conversion to Great Escape Games Rule sets ,Rules of Engagement for ww2 and 1914 for WW1 &7 Days to the Rhine for the cold war period ,it only had to be a matter of time before we looked at Clash of Empires for Ancients and Dark Ages .I must admit my wargaming buddy John bought them a while ago for his Romans and Brits but when I read a review stating they could be used for the Dark Ages and medievils I took th plunge and I am glad I did , I got the main rule book and the Age of Ravens supplement for the Dark Ages .
The main Rule book is an hard cover ,full colour book packed with rules ,advanced rules and army lists & scenarios , a full index and list of figure manufacturers ,they are laid out really well with the pages colour coded for each section such as movement and combat they are 192 pages long with the army lists covering Early Imperial Rome ,Germans,British,Caledonian & Dacien.

The Supplement is again hardback ,split into 3 sections Wolves unto the fold ,covering the early Dark ages and Viking raids .The second  section Invasion & Conquest covers the period after 1066 and includes Normans the last section The Battle for Spain covers  the wars of El Cid . They also produce supplement books for the greek wars and the crusades .
10/10










No comments:

Post a Comment