Wednesday 8 February 2023

This is SPARTA.....

Well my version of a Sparta army and no Gerald Butler or six packs in sight . The Spartans are the first faction I have painted up for Mortal Gods ,the skirmish game from Footsore miniatures . I have had the game for ages but not done anything with it but really wanted to start playing so I started on the Spartan starter set and have 2 Lochagos (leaders) Meonas the Harvester that came in the starter and a unnamed one made from a victrix sprue ,the game cards give the Lochagos different stats ,1 unit each of 9 heavy and 9 medium Hopolites ,these will be eventually backed up by a unit of 9 Kryptia ( elite Hopolites ) and some Peripoloi and Sphendonetai ( javelin and slingers ) ,this gives me more than required for a game I have also done some terrain and objectives ,and 3 special troops a Mantis (seer) a Healer and a Styrix (musician ) all of whom can effect the game in different ways , next up will be the Athenians before I expand both armies Figures are mainly Victrix ,the characters are footsore as are the shields

No comments:

Post a Comment