Tuesday 11 January 2022

Zulu War Library Additions.

Added a few books to my AZW collection over the last few weeks bringing my collection to well over 100. Anglo Zulu War 1879 -A history of the Zulu war A birthday present from my daughter ,a reprint of an 1880 book written by Walker Ashe a newspaper correspondent that was present during the conflict and the reports from E.V.Wyatt Edgell an officer with the 17th lancers who was killed at Ulundi .It also contains ashort history of the 17th during the AZW Kingdom and Colony a second book I picked up from Ian Knight just before Christmas , an old hard back from the university of Natal by John Laband . A Bloody Night A christmas present from my son ,an account of the Irish troops at Rorkes Drift Isandlawanathe revelation of a disaster Picked this up myself , contains "new evidence and perspectives " of the battle by ron Lock ,will read with interest The Fall of Rorkes Drift An alternative history by John Laband ,I am not a great fan of what ifs but my boss bought me this for Christmas and I must admit at first glance looks very good .

No comments:

Post a Comment