Sunday 21 April 2019

Zulu -

After my recent trip to Zululand , I dug out my Anglo Zulu war armies and I am looking at doing a participation game on behalf of Sheffield Wargames Society at ashow in the future , I have 2 scenarios in mind so thought I would look at rules , I do like my own set and they played well on their first convention at Sheffiled Triples afew years ago but thought I would try the osprey set " the men who would be kings " (tmwwbk) .So dug out a few figures and played a small game to get use tothe rules and really enjoyed them , there are a few zulu amendments on the facebook page and you do get afst and furious game with a feel for the period , played them solo using the Mr Babbage rules included in the book  .Will try them out again with a living partner and with a more complex scenario but so far Im liking what I see.

The first turn 

A unit moves up to support their comrades

another sets up a firing line in front of the camp

the zulus advance

3 more zulu units advance on to the table 

some long range shooting hits the Zulus pinning them 

some great dice sending all the zulus charging towards the thin red lines

some very lethal close combat in turn 3 

the british start to fall back into the camp the unit on the left managed to destroy a zulu unit 

end of turn 4 only 2 small groups of Brits are left , a dark day for the empire .

No comments:

Post a Comment