Sunday, 20 September 2026
Torpedoes & Tides
Doing a clear out I came across my coastal warfare collection of Royal Navy , Regai Marina and Kreigsmarine craft . I originally bought these for Warlords Cruel Seas which turned out to be areally rubbish set of rules ,so at that time i started to rewrite them playtesting ech set of changes each week and we got a really great game ,not to indepth but historical enough for a decent game ,so I tried to find these but only succeded in my rough layout and all the notes we made at the time , which I will sort out and get it all together but in the mean time I heard about Torpedoes and Tides .
A set of quick play rules by Thomas Brandstetter available in PDF or a couple of print options ,I went with the Coil bound printed set .
A very basic set of rules by todays standards , a small size in B & W but the rules are clear give a faily realistic game involving MTBs ,MGBs and Escorts & Convoy vessels .
the rules contain 8 scenarios and stats for over a 100 types plus there are free downloads of FAQs , Secenario bookelets ,templates etc .
I payed asolo game with some vospers against S Boats which gave the RN a victory , then played a 2 player game with John taking the Italians andI ran the RN ,this time the Italians causing lots of damage to my Boats but I amnaged to steal a victory by recuing the downed RAF pilots
Game play is fast and furious which the actual battles were as they were usually fought at Night and at fast speeds ,really reccomend these we were palying just using fast play sheets straight away and we both enjoyed the game .
So far there are no rules for aircraft or submarines but bot are not really part of the actions these rules are meant to represent .
A selection of pics of my Boats/Ships and from the 2 games
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















No comments:
Post a Comment